Saturday, July 20, 2013

heat wave



Aside from this awesomeness, and seeing Despicable Me 2 (which was fantastic!!) it's been a rough week. My printer broke on Monday and the replacement I bought was defective. I pinched my skin between the printer box and the Staples shopping cart (OUCH!) and I literally stepped in gum. Then me and my brother got in an argument and haven't been speaking :\ The whole printer episode set me back way too much with work, and on top of all that I've been running a high fever during the worst heat wave of the summer. All I want right now is to set up a pillow fort near the a/c vent and watch Supernatural between naps.

Today is my mom's birthday so no matter how much work I have piling up on my desk, I'm just going to relax and spend the day with her. Whenever we ask her what she wants for her birthday she always says Bounty paper towels (seriously) since we go through them so quickly. So me and my dad bought twenty four 8 packs and piled them outside her bedroom door last night as a surprise. It was SO funny to see her reaction when she opened the door, with this giant wall of paper towels in front of her!! Things like that really make bad-luck weeks not so bad after all :)




pinafore - c/o dahlia | collar - vintage | belt - asos