Thursday, June 14, 2012

eraser brooch DIY



Maybe this is just me, but I absolutely hate using really cute erasers to actually erase things. I never want to ruin them! But at the same time, I also seem to hoard cute erasers because they're so... cute. So I decided, in light of my new brooch obsession, to try turning some of them into pins!



It's pretty self explanatory -- get an eraser and a pin and glue them together! But I will say that this particular glue seems to work really well, and I'd definitely recommend it. When I first decided to try this I was worried that no glue would be strong enough to stick to the strange eraser material, but this is holding up fantastic! It's a gel consistency, so I think that might be it!

The pins that I got at the art supply store also came with little holes in them, so if your eraser is thick enough you could always use some kind of pin or screw to hold the back in place, too!