Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Style Idol - My Grandmom


My grandparents got married and had my dad a lot later than most people at the time; I think they were around 40 when he was born. So I never got to meet my grandfather, and I only knew my grandmother for three years before she passed away. My grandfather was reportedly the king of corny jokes (a trait my dad has inherited) and my grandmother was a sweetheart who didn't know how to cook, and loved to play the piano. My mom said they were deeply in love for their whole lives-- when my grandfather died, my grandmother did not stop mourning him. It was over a year before my parents could even get her out of the house to a restaurant.

My grandmother also loved fashion. My mom doesn't like clothes at all, so she's always saying I inherited my sartorial interests from my Grandmom Eve :) We also look really alike.. in some pictures I feel like I'm looking at a photo of myself taken in 1939! I love that through these photos, and the stories I hear from my parents, I feel like I've gotten to know her so well. She just seems so spunky!